Oct 14, 2008

Venue: China Town, Kuala Lumpur

I used to study near towards China Town during my colleague days, I went to this spot in Kuala Lumpur again to do some government paper-works. If you know how to access the alleys of this town, u can reach to anyway within China Town in minutes. I must highlight the process of the Government Dept. I went to was fast, there was not much people and I just spend 10mins there. Thou the people working there don’t serve us RAKYAT with a smile.


Gate of China Town, Kuala Lumpur better known as Petaling Street

I pay my parking tickets for 1 hour, therefore I have time to walk thru China Town and get to eat some of these famous food. Today China Town has been changed as to compare to 8 years ago, many seller there are no longer locals. You can find many sellers from various Asia countries trying to make a living here. If you are coming as a visitor, do beware of your personal belongings. I wouldn’t say it is perfectly safe here thou there are Petrol Police, many things might happen. Beware of the monks and beggars on this street, they are not what they seems to be. I came across the monks change into a handsome bold ass smoking at the alleys, Senior-tze saw a crawling beggar walking to grab a taxi after working hours!

At the centre of a junction, I really can’t decide between what to drinks?


Famous Longan Drink


Uncle Bean Soy Bean Drink

I picked soya bean to clear my rumbling stomach, and where did I had lunch? I am not sure if many of u know this place, the Chinese used to called it Chung Wah alley. If you can find this place, which happens to be the Market of China Town.

Here they sell from fishs, meats to pets! Pets? Those are live pets such as cats, birds and other small animals. After passing this market, you will come to a place where they serve foods. Food such as Yong Tau Fu, Soup Noodles, Pork Noodles, Asam Laksa, Curry Laksa, economy rice and many more.

My lunch:
Chee Cheong Fun Rm1.50
Soya Bean Cold (with dark sugar) Rm1.20
I was on diet Priceless

Today, I can say the China Town is more comfortable to walk as DBKL build a huge roof on the street and also the place is much cleaner as to compare 8 years ago.

No comments: