Sep 28, 2008

Casio G-Shock GT-000


This happens to be my 5th Casio Watch but my very 1st G-Shock owned. This watch has been with me since almost 10years and it is still running fine. Thou there are minor bruises here and there, hey this is G-Shock which is not made of MARVEL IRONMAN suit!

This watch was brought from Japan Casio Factory, there is Japanese Characters if I need to save some information in it. The features of this watch:
- Time 12Hours / 24Hours
- Telephone (Shared Storage 100)
- Schedule (Shared Storage 100)
- Vital Stats (Personal Information: Name/Blood Type/Birth/Credit/License.. etc etc Storage 9)
- Alarm (1)
- Stop Watch

I don't think any G-Shocks come with telephone & schedule storage anymore. Both useful but had a hard time selecting characters by pressing 2 buttons.

Bad things happen to this watch over the past 10 years?
-Grey Mode Button faulty / Replace Black Mode Button
-Original Band Buckle was faulty / Replace Normal G-Shock Band (Lighter & easier to wear)

-Authorized G-Shock Shop assistance change the battery for this watch and did not put things back in place which results the watch was drowned when I went swimming in Bukit Jalil Swimming Pool. The shop was closed, I hope they were no longer authorized now.
-1 Month recovery after it was drowned and paid almost RM150 to get it fixed

So far to me this is a fine piece of G-Shock, some people tend to not recognized this as a actual G-Shock watch and had some bad comments on it. But heck, at least mine went to Mt. K.K., London, France, Scotland, H.K., Japan.... (will be more places too)

The time displayed for this watch is until 2039, almost another 30years. So will this watch survive then?

8 comments:

ppp9872 said...

Yes i like it Casio g shock watch

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Sternenfaenger77 ( a t ) gmail said...

I have the same watch. I bought my GT-000 in 1997 from an Australian company. They probably imported it from Japan.
I still wear it and it works 100% fine although I nearly wore it every day and even night for over 13 years and I crawled through the mud with it when I was in the army.
This watch is really the toughest product I ever had. Really Cool.

Only thing is I had to replace the batteries and bands about 5 times since then but I guess that is not bad for over 13 years in everyday use.

Now it was time again to change the watch strap (the band) but the shop where I used to buy them closed and the other shops where I've been told me they don't sell it anymore.
I also don't wonna have the original band but the one you took a photo of. I have exactly the same right now but since it is plastic it is almost broken. Where do I get those?
I can't find it when googleing it to "GT-000" and "bands" :(

Anonymous said...

Damn I really don't find this band anymore. Can you help me?
The original band looks shitty. I want the one you show on your picture. I have the same but it is almost broken.

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long
as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog? My website is in the very same niche as yours and
my users would certainly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
Please let me know if this alright with you. Appreciate it!


Here is my web page :: healthy Diet plans

ainol said...

bro may i know which model strap did u replace yours?coz mine already ruined..

ainol said...

bro may i know which model strap did u replace yours?coz mine already ruined..

Unknown said...

I need the original strap for my Casio GT-000,where do I place the order pls..?