Aug 30, 2008

Malaysia after 51 independence years

Independence was a great word in 1957 for Malaya. It was an official year this country were freedom from the British Empire. I was born in the 80's and lived half the independence so far, so let me share a little from a point of a malaysian-born-chinese citizen.

There are many versions of how Malaysia got the independence approval from Britain, I used to enjoy the stories from the elder Malaysian when I was young and got me wondering what would it be if we are still under the management of the British Colony? For a brief reading, you can click on this link.

As you all know, internal newspaper posting are totally different from other countries. Some also never heard of this country Malaysia but many PR was made 2007 to promote "Visit Malaysia" celebrating 50 Years of independence.

Like every country with covered-unseen negativity, I felt Malaysia was not managed by the right people. By now I am sure you already heard head line stories from our Prime Minister, ex-prime minister Dr. M, Mr. Anuar and more. I won't even want to blog anything political as to me, its a waste of my time. The right people is always hard to find and every taxi drivers in Malaysia claims they can manage this country even better! seriously, that was not a joke.

Malaysia is consider a very nice country to live in, you get rain and summer whole year round. My European pals do envy this a lot! I love this country as it has a beautiful beaches, food, culture, reserve forest.... and the list goes on.

I am eager to know from other countries, what do u know or think of Malaysia?

No comments: